Tuesday, May 22, 2012

21

Dear Family and Friends,

Another week has passed, can you believe it? Only 9 more. My itinerary came...I will be in LAX at 950 am on the 26 of July. Hopefully you can squeeze that into your schedules?? haha. It will be fun. I forwarded the itinerary to you Mom so hopefully you got it. Good to see pictures of everyone...glad Pat got right into things...excited to see him when I get back...

Patrick Homecoming

So, the week was another hard one. We´ve been working SOO hard, but nothing seems to be happening. It´s ok though. I´m not going to get depressed or sad about it...I know that if I keep working hard like we are, the Lord will be satisfied with our work and that is the most important thing. My birthday wasn´t the best I´ve ever had [he turned 21 on May 20th]. Yesterday, we went by for investigators in the morning to go to church.  We had 3 that were committed to go with us (and we had visited them just barely the day before) and they all bailed out on us and nobody went to church.  While we were sitting there knocking on the door of one of the investigators, I got a message from President telling me that the Lakers lost game 4--that was just the icing on the cake!!! It was a little depressing, but it´s all right.  As some would say, it was character building. It´s funny because President Villarreal is a rabid Spurs fan and he knows that I am a hardcore Lakers fan so we always talk about basketball together. This past week he sent me messages about all the Laker games haha--pretty cool mission President huh?? Hopefully the Lakers can pull it out.

IMG_0419

But on the bright side, there are some pluses to being in a richer area. Today we found a Dairy Queen. Also, a member offered to buy us some suits!!! So, I am now the proud owner of a new black suit. I think it will be the one I go home in, so that´s pretty cool.

 IMG_0420IMG_0423IMG_0418

But my companion and I are not going to get discouraged and we´re going to keep echandole ganas, as the Mexicans say. This week we´re going to keep working hard and do some extra things to help us have success. On Sunday, when I was feeling a little down, I remembered the words to what has become my favorite hymn, “Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side”.

I love you all and miss you a ton. Happy 22 months!!!

And this is my joy

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment