Monday, June 6, 2011

Changes

Monday, May 30, 2011 1:57 PM

Hey Family and Friends,

Well the changes are in and....I´m not staying in Metepec. I have been moved to a new area. It is in the Culturas zone and my area is called Chamapa. And that´s not the only news...I have also been given the opportunity to serve as District Leader! My new companion´s name is Elder Torres. He is from Mexico and it is his 3rd change here in this area. Elder Diaz got moved to Michaocan (even farther from DF) and now Metepec is only going to have 2 missionaries instead of 4.

IMG_0043

So as for the area, It is very hilly and FULL of houses, like little shack like houses and I am super excited to get to work here. There are TONS of people here. The area is still in the Estado de Mexico but its like right on the border. The church where we will have all the meetings and stuff as missionaries is in DF. Í have heard that the zone here baptizes a lot. Speaking of which, as a mission we baptized 319 in May!! before that we had baptized 215 and 218. So the work is definitely coming along here in Mexico and moving fast.

IMG_0044IMG_0046

Ok, so as for the whole District Leader thing, one might ask what do you do? That´s a good question, and I´m not totally sure the length of my responsibilities yet. But we have district meetings every week which I will be teaching, and I am also in charge of my district which is my area and 2 others. Also my district reports the weekly numbers (lessons, new investigators, baptisms etc.) to me on Wednesdays Fridays and Sundays. Also, before a person is baptized, they have to have an interview to make sure that they are ready and that they understand what a baptism is...as a District Leader I am responsible for doing the interviews for all the people in my District (except for in my own area, the zone leaders do those ones).

Umm, but yeah, don´t know too much about my new area. I´ll probably lose some weight here just because of how hilly and steep it is, and it´s starting to get hot here, summer´s here. But I am very excited to get to work and let you guys know how everything is going.

IMG_0040Leaving Metepec was surprisingly difficult. I had grown to love many of the people there and it was hard to say goodbye to them. I feel privileged to have shared the Gospel with them and I hope they can remain faithful in the Gospel and receive all of the blessings that Our Heavenly Father has for us.

 

IMG_0039

As for things back home, Congratulations Tyler [on his graduation]!! and thanks for the letter. Loved seeing the pictures as well. Also, I haven’t got the package yet....maybe this week but who knows how the mail works here it might be a different schedule so I might not get mail until next week.

I am very humbled and extremely excited to get to work in my new area. I know that it is the work of our Lord and that as we are faithful and obedient to His commandments He will bless us in all things. I am excited to learn more and more each and every day, especially in my new position, I will be praying to the Lord for help because I know that without His support I will not be able to do it on my own. I love you and miss you all and I hope that you enjoy the pictures and I hope to hear back from you all soon.

And this is my joy.

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment