Saturday, May 28, 2011

It WAS a Pretty Good Week

Monday, May 23, 2011 3:04 PM

Hello family and friends.

Well, I have bad news...unfortunately, the package has not arrived yet, or if it has it’s in the office and I haven´t received it in the weekly mail yet. But it´s ok don´t worrry about it. Hopefully it will be getting here this week. [UGH!  I sent it so early!  It’s full of birthday décor that will now be all USELESS!]  But it´s all good cuz we had a lot going on this week for sure...so I almost forgot about it completely. So I´ll give you a rundown of the week.

Tuesday...We had interviews with President. It went well, we talked about our numbers and stuff like that. But don´t know anything about the transfers (they are next Monday, so who knows this might be my last Monday here in Metepec).

IMG_0031

Wednesday. Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke to our mission. The devotional started at 8 in the morning and President wanted us seated and ready, studying the scriptures an hour before. and Since it was in DF, we had to leave at like 5 in the morning. We rented a bus for the 2 zones that are out here in Metepec and Toluca, and it left at 5 am from the chapel right by our house. Since there aren´t buses and stuff like that early in the morning all the missionaries that live far away from our chapel had to sleep here in our house, the zone leaders´ house and in the chapel. So we had about 8 other missionaries sleeping in our house on Tuesday night. We got up at like 3 in the morning to get all ready and then we went were at the church at 430 and the bus left at 5. We got there like at 645 and studied our scriptures until Elder Oaks arrived at 8.

I don´t know why I´ve never noticed it before, but his voice is awesome haha. [Listen to him HERE] He could be a background voice in movies or something. He talked about how we can become better instruments in the hands of the Lord. He used the example of a pen. A pen should always be ready to write, and shouldn’t say ¨we can´t work today because its Pday¨ and when we use a pen we want it to write OUR message not its own, so we should always be preaching the Gospel of the Lord and not our own message or things of the world, and also that a pen needs to be in working order in order to function properly, so we as missionaries need to take care of our bodies so we can continue working throughout our missions (maybe kran tacos aren´t the best haha). But Elder Oaks was great...really powerful speaker and I could feel the Spirit very strongly throughout the talk. He doesn´t know any Spanish, so the whole talk was with a translator by his side...so if he said jokes all the Americans would laugh and then 10 seconds later all the Mexicans would laugh after the translator said it in Spanish....it was a great experience that I will remember for the rest of my life.

IMG_0033

This is me and Elder Aguilar.  He was AP when I arrived.  Now, he’s a zone leader and he goes home in a week.

IMG_0032

My MTC District (or, at least all of us from the Mexico City West Mission), reunited at last!

Thursday, normal day nothing too special haha.

Friday, My Birthday! the Hermana Galindo (the one who lives where I skyped) bought me a pie and we ate it, I also got a call from the Hermana Villarreal wishing me Happy Birthday...it was a good day.

Saturday...normal day as well.

Sunday...unexpectedly the Hermano Ariel Cruz Martinez (that we baptized a month ago, the guy who listens to Enya and is a huge Pumas soccer fan) bought me a cake as well for my birthday and made me Milkshakes....it was good. He´s the best haha. [At least he’s getting LOVE for his birthday, even if his pkg didn’t arrive!!]

IMG_0034IMG_0035

Today, we played soccer as a zone against the Toluca zone. (see picture) I played a little bit of goalie....it´s hard, I think I´ll just stick with Defender...Goalie I think takes a lot more practice just knowing where to be and what to do and stuff like that. I played it my new kicks (its all about the Black Nikes) and they worked great haha. (585 pesos...on sale it was a good deal). Unfortunately we lost the game...they are just better than us...a lot more people that play soccer, we only have a few and they aren´t that fantastic. But its all good we were just playing for fun haha....I wish we could play some basketball....

IMG_0037

And yeah, that was pretty much my week this week. I hope you enjoy the pictures and that you all have a great week. I´m anxious to get the changes on Saturday, and I´ll be sure to let you know what´s going down on Monday. I miss you all so much and I can´t wait to get the package. I know that this church is true...and this is my joy (Alma 29:9)

Love you all

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment