Monday, May 2, 2011

Ya Estamos en Mayo!

Hello family and Friends,

Another week has gone by here in Metepec. Now, its starting to feel like I´ve been out a while not gonna lie. Everyone getting married, Pat almost being out a year, and Tyler graduating soon. Weird.  And High fives all around. Lakers won and Spurs lost. President won’t be happy about that one, haha. And as for the call....I´ll be calling on Sunday! I´m just gonna use a phone here, they have phones here I can use for like 7 or 8 pesos for half hour to the US. As for now, I´m planning on calling at around 8:00 here, which would make it 6:00 in California. So expect it right around then, but don´t be surprised if its later or earlier by an hour or so. We will have an hour to talk, so hopefully that will all work out. Super stoked to talk to you guys!!! 

As for this week, it was a little bit of both. The good and the bad. On Tuesday we had Zone Conference, which is always great. President Villarreal is the best. I always feel so spiritually uplifted and reanimated when he talks. Afterwards, the APs and Secretaries ate with us at an Hermana´s house.

IMG_0502111

The work was a little rough this week however, not a lotta people at home. This week was vacation for the schools here, so a lot of families were out of town since there was no school. Also, me and my comp had a couple rough days together....I think when you´re with someone 24 hours a day 7 days a week you´re bound to argue a little, right? But this is how it went down. In Spanish there are 2 words to say the word “you”. Tú and usted. Here in Mexico, you use the word tú for people that are younger than you (like kids) as well as close friends, family, and when you pray you use tú as well. Usted is for people that hold leadership over you or people you don’t know very well. Apparently in Peru, they NEVER use tú and it’s disrespectful if you talk to somebody like that. I have been talking to Elder Diaz in tú since day one..and he has never said anything about it...and that’s just how it works here in Mexico. It came up that he gets offended when people talk to him in tú and I told him that’s a cultural difference that he´ll have to get used to, because its not due to a lack of respect here. Well, to make a long story short, we argued about it for a while and we were a little tense with each other for a day or two. We´ve settled it now and we´re back to normal so its all good. I´m pretty sure every companionship has their moments...some more than others...but everyone is bound to get in an argument every once in a while. But we´re good now no worries.

Today, P-day, has been pretty fun so far. We did our usual shopping in the morning and then we played some soccer with the zone. Afterwards, we went and Ate Hamberguesas Gigantes!!! (see the picture). Add a liter of Coke on top of that and I AM stuffed, and have eaten enough calories for the whole week haha. Good thing I walk all day so it shouldn´t effect me too much haha. 

IMG_0502112

Hopefully we can find some new investigators this week. Our teaching pool seems to have disintegrated again...but we´ll just keep working hard, and I know that the Lord will bless us with success if we continue to be diligent and obedient. I´m so glad to hear that you guys are hosting missionary discussions!! There´s nothing better than having a family in the ward that helps with the work...it helps with the fellowshipping, learning and conversion so so much. Don´t be afraid to bear your testimony and share personal experiences to help the missionaries out. I´m so glad you get to hear you are experiencing the joy of missionary work first hand. I am so grateful each and everyday for the opportunities I have to share the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ with others. It truly does bless families...every problem can be solved by applying the Gospel to it, and only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ can families truly be eternal and live together forever. I know that this Gospel is true and I can´t wait to talk to you guys on Sunday. I hope you have a great week!! Love you so much!!

And this is my joy!! (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

[Lisa:  Is it me, or does his nose seem perpetually sunburned?  Hmmm.  I’ll have to speak to him about sunscreen on SUNDAY! Once a mom, always a mom!]

No comments:

Post a Comment