Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It Was a GOOOOOD Sunday

Hello family and friends,

Normally a Sunday where the Lakers get swept would NEVER EVER be a good day. But yesterday was the exception. It was great to see all of your faces and talk to you for a while. [Missionaries get to call home twice a year—Mother’s Day and Christmas—while they’re on their mission.  As an unexpected bonus, we got to SKYPE, which is a video call.  Truly a marvelous invention!]  I truly did enjoy it. It was hard to hang up...but we had to eventually haha. I´m glad you guys think that my Spanish is so good ....because it really still is a work in progress.  I´m excited to receive my package soon [for his upcoming birthday—he tried to get us to tell him what was in it!]. Thanks for the emails and all of your love and support as usual.

IMG_0026[1]

This week (we talked about it yesterday I think haha) went well. We got our numbers up from the week before and we were able to have a baptism on Sunday which is always something special. Elder Diaz and I are cool now...no more fights. We are getting along better and are having more fun together. It has been rainy all week...but hot and sunny during the day.

Today for P-day we played soccer (surprise) as a zone against the zone of Toluca. We lost....but whatever....I still wanna play basketball haha. We played on a giant dirt field...there seems to be a lot of them here. I´m thinking about buying some soccer shoes though since its pretty obvious that I will be playing for my entire mission...but we´ll see. Apparently, since I´m a bargain hunter now, I´ll have to shop around haha.

Anyways, I know that this church is true. I do miss you guys more a little bit more now, just cuz I felt so close to you for a few hours, but I love my mission so much as well, because I know that it is the work of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and I love Him with all of my heart. He died for me, as well as for everyone else. I know that through Him and His sacrifice we can all be clean from sin and live with God again with all the people that we love....forever. He can take our burdens for us and help us with everything in our lives. That is why I am serving my mission....because His gospel blesses and changes lives.

Well Happy Mother´s Day again Mom. I was reading the story of the stripling warriors this week (Alma 56, see especially verses 45-48)...and they had such strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ because their mothers taught them that if they did not doubt, the Lord would save them from their struggles. Thank you for teaching me wisdom in my youth Mom, because through those teachings I am here fighting for my Savior each and everyday, in full time service of Him.

Love you and miss you all. Have a great week!

And this is my Joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

When we were SKYPEing with Justin, at one point, he pulled his namebadge off to show Bryce something and I noticed that he had a card attached to it that just sits in his pocket.  On one side is:

And on the other side is:

IMG_1136

Melt my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment