Monday, April 25, 2011

Semana Santa

Another week has gone by here in Metepec.  Mother´s Day is so close!!! Here in Mexico it´s ALWAYS on the 10th....which would make it a Tuesday. But I haven’t heard anything about it yet, so I don´t know if I´m going to be calling on the 8th or the 10th, but I´m sure I will know by next P-day so you will be able to plan accordingly.

IMG_0018

Ok, so as for the week. It was a little slow. Semana Santa here in Mexico. A LOT of people out of town and involved in all kinds of traditions and what not. On Friday afternoon, it for real looked like a ghost town here....for real. NOBODY at home. So, needless to say, it was a little rougher than normal. But we worked through it and were able to bring one of God´s children closer to Him this week through the waters of baptism. The super cool guy I wrote you about last week that was listening to Enya got baptized. He was super excited throughout the whole service and you could just see how truly grateful he was for the opportunity. I seriously see great things in store for him, and he´s only touched the tip of the iceberg in regards to the blessings one can receive through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

IMG_0020

But, returning to the Semana Santa, on Friday in the morning we saw all these people meeting together in the streets, saying numerous prayers, and singing and then they would march to another area together. Apparently, they reenact the entire crucifixion of Jesus, and they went and crucified someone (sometimes with rope sometimes with nails) and then after a while they take him to the ¨tomb¨and everything. We passed by a restaurant that night and saw on the TV the news, and they showed footage of numerous ¨Jesuses¨ being crucified all over Mexico....I´m glad we don’t do stuff like that in the United States...almost creepy. 

The weather this past week was hot and sunny during the day and around 5 or 6 it would start getting cloudy and would actually start to rain. So pretty much everyday it was raining. This week also should be a fun one....we have zone conference tomorrow which is always very spiritually uplifting, so that will be exciting. 

Today for P-day we played soccer and I scored like 4 or 5 goals. I think I´m getting better at it haha. Still kinda awkward for me, not too good at using my feet. Can´t wait to play some bball again. But it can wait. I´ll just have to get sick at soccer while I´m here in Mexico haha. 

I´m excited to talk to you guys here very soon. I hope you guys have a great week!!

I love you and I miss you all. 

And this is my Joy. (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

PS.  See below for the scripture cases I told you about that I had made.  Sweet!

IMG_0014IMG_0013

IMG_0006

No comments:

Post a Comment