Saturday, May 28, 2011

This Week Should be a Good One

Monday, May 16, 2011 2:41 PM

Hello family and friends....

Thanks for the emails and thanks in advance for the shoes Dad...got your email today...like Booby Miles said, “It´s all about the Black Nikes” haha. But I am very happy that you guys received the package...pretty quickly considering it finally got sent last week. So that is good. And yes...the Hermana that sent it for me told me that they took out the tortillas. Who knows why? [He sent us a package and the accompanying tape that described the contents said that he put in some fresh tortillas.  Only, no tortillas arrived!]  They don’t want America stealing their tortilla recipe or something. But I´m glad that the rest got there safely. I thought those maps would be perfect since you guys said you haven´t found a detailed map of Mexico  [Jeff has a map fetish.  Justin marked his locations on the VERY detailed maps he bought in a gas station.  Jeff was in heaven!]. Those are about as detailed as they come. As for my package...didn´t get it this week. I did get Cassandra´s however...she beat you guys haha. But hopefully it´ll come this week. No worries. And congrats Tyler on all the scholarships...try not to one up me tooo much haha. And ok Mom, as for the Spanish phrases...I´ll give you a new one every week, sounds good. Try to find out where she´s from so I can give you some slang haha. For this week this is what I got:

"Me encanta tu falda (skirt or if she´s wearing a dress ¨vestida¨), se ve muy bonita¨

¨ I love your skirt/dress, it looks very pretty¨

Try that one on for size haha. [I have a friend from Mexico and she has challenged me to say something new in Spanish to her every time I see her!]

Ok, so as for the week, it was a pretty good one. We had another zone conference, I don´t really know why but we had two this change. We went over the importance of the area books and agendas and how we need to use them more effectively. Luckily we have been updating our area books quite regularly so we don’t have to much work to do in that aspect. After we watched a talk from Elder Holland that he gave in the MTC in January. Man, that guy is amazing. Luckily, we watched it in English with Spanish subtitles so we were able to hear his voice. It was an hour of just amazing powerful stuff. He closed talking about Peter the Apostle and when Jesus appeared to the apostles after His resurrection while they were fishing (John 21).  He explained that this was the moment that Peter became the great apostle.  As the apostles noticed that it was Jesus on the shore Peter dove in the water and went to greet the Master. As they ate and talked with Jesus, Jesus asked Peter ¨Do you love me?¨ Peter was a little bit flustered by the question and responded that of course he did. ¨Then Feed my sheep¨ responded the Savior. The Savior asked him if he loved him again and Peter responded in the same fashion. ¨Then feed my sheep¨.   A third time Jesus asked ¨Do you love me Peter?¨ Peter, responded without a doubt that he loved him. ¨Then feed my sheep.¨ Just as Peter had before denied the Savior 3 times, he was given equal opportunity to confess his love for him 3 times.  Elder Holland explained that it was in this moment that he became the great apostle, the leader of the 12. Peter and the apostles were fishing, but the Lord wanted them to leave their nets and their former lives behind and feed his sheep--preach the gospel and bring his word to all of His children. Elder Holland explained that if we truly love the Savior, we will leave the things of the world aside and feed His sheep just like Peter did.

Elder Holland is the man.

IMG_0030[1]

Anyway, that was zone conference for you. On Sunday we had another baptism, which is always a special experience...hopefully we´ll be able to finish these last two weeks out with another one...this change is going pretty good work wise.

But yeah I am super excited for this week...Tomorrow we have interviews with President Villarreal which is always great. and on Wednesday Elder Oaks from the Quorum of the Twelve as well as Elder Rasband from the Seventy are coming to talk to our mission...so the whole mission will be together and it will be a pretty exciting experience...so more on that next week. Friday is my Birthday so I´m hoping to get your package this week...and then on Saturday I hit double digits....10 months in the mission!!! so it´s a pretty eventful week for sure.

Well that´s pretty much it for this week. I know this gospel is true and I love and miss you all.

And this is my joy.

Elder Peacock

[sorry so slow to post!  Things have been a little CRAZY!]

No comments:

Post a Comment