Monday, February 28, 2011

One More Week in Metepec?

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of the emails and updates on life back home...I enjoy hearing how everything is going. Congrats Tyler! You will love BYU...seriously. It is a blast and you will have the time of your life, and it is also the best place you can go to prepare yourself for a mission.

As for the hair...I´m still not sure. I´m getting a haircut later today so well see what I like after the haircut. But I bought a comb this week...I was hoping it came with instructions because I have NEVER used one (Mom knows that). I tried a couple different styles, including the straight part Elder Bednar-style and I felt like a complete geek....so it’s still a work in progress. I´ll have pictures next week probably. 

Mail...I am getting mail...thank you everyone.  How mail works is that it all goes to the office and once a week the secretaries in the office bring our mail here to our zone leaders....so I get mail once a week. I send letters with the same postage I would use in the States because the secretaries take our outgoing mail to the office and they put it all in a pouch which goes to Salt Lake once a week from here...and all that mail just gets sent from Salt Lake as if we all just sent them there. Also, I got a little sick this week...came down with a bit of a fever. It passed in about a day, but I went to find my first aid kit and realized I must have left it in Salt Lake (Sorry Dad)...

[Lisa:  By the way, you can purchase a 1st class stamp for Mexico for $.79 for 1 ounce or less.  I also tried a flat rate package through the USPS with nothing edible or made in China (or orange or furry or …ok, now I’m just being sarcastic).  A little experiment.  I’ll let you know how it turns out!]

Laundry. We drop it off with a Sister on Sunday nights. She has a washing machine so she washes it on Monday and we pick it up at night to hang dry it at our houses. The language is coming along. I can understand close to 100% at this point. Speaking is getting easier and more fluent as well. Still can’t say those dang R´s though. Believe it or not though there are also a number of Mexicans that can’t do it either...so I´ll be alright. Hopefully it will come eventually though cuz it does sound cool haha. 

As for the numbers:  Elder Decker (our zone leader) says my numbers will be a lot higher when I go to DF because you just teach and teach there...apparently more than we do here. We have ¨numbers of excellence¨ every week that we shoot for....1 baptism, 4 with baptismal date, 6 in the church, 10 news, 30 lessons and 140 contacts. They are tough to get...believe me. I haven’t even reached the contacts, lessons or in the church in a week yet.

So this week went pretty well. We had a baptism this week which was very exciting. His name is Brayan and he is 14 years old and he´s great. I can see him serving a mission in a number of years.

I´m reading in Mosiah now in the Book of Mormon in Spanish....hoping to finish it all the way in Spanish. I think it is helping me with the language as well. I also finished Preach My Gospel all the way through this week in Spanish...which I know helped me a bunch with the language and everything. 

I am loving the work here...I really do love being a missionary. This is the last week of the change as well...so next Monday I will definitely be writing you with a new companion and who knows maybe even a new area...but well have to wait and see. I´ll know on Saturday and I´ll of course let you know on Monday. 

Soo, that´s pretty much it for this email.  I know that this church is true and I know that I am here on the Lord´s errand. This is His work and I know that if I put my trust in Him He will help me and He will give me success in this ¨great and marvelous work¨. Love you all and miss you...hope you have a great week.

And this is my joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment