Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hairstyles

Email 2.21.11

Hola familia otra vez,

Its been a good week here in Metepec. Thanks for the emails and the support. Blake Griffin sounds like a stud. Also, I heard Kobe won the MVP for the all-star game, how was that?

This week was pretty normal. We did a little bit more knocking doors and contacting and as a result we found 13 new investigators this week. We also taught 22 lessons which is pretty good for a week and definitely an improvement on how many we taught the last couple of weeks.

On Thursday, President Villarreal came out to Metepec and did interviews with everyone in the zone.  My interview was about 15 minutes long and we talked about the work, about Elder Salazar and just about how everything is going. He informed me that Elder Salazar and I will not be together next transfer. He also talked to me about May, which is going to be a sweet month.

In May, Elder Oaks and Elder Cook from the Quorum of the 12 and also Elder Rasband from the Quorum of the 70 are coming to our mission. He says he wants us all to bring our best so we can invite the spirit. Our nicest suit, shoes, shirt, tie and if we prepare the best we can spiritually we will receive revelation from these leaders. He also told me that he wants me to change my hairstyle haha. My hair isn’t bad, just spiked a little in the front and still relatively short, but he said he wants me to pick an apostle and emulate his hairstyle. I´m thinking Elder Holland just because he´s a baller and is my favorite, but I don´t know. So give me ideas and suggestions for which apostle or member of the first presidency would be best. I think its kind of cool if we all copy hairstyles of the apostles in the whole mission haha. So yeah May is gonna be pretty sweet. The apostles are coming, I turn 20 and I´ll get to call home for Mother´s day! So that will be something to look forward too.

As for the cran, don’t worry I haven’t eaten it again. I didn’t really enjoy it the first time, so I think it was a one and done kind of thing. And this week I don’t really have anything new to add to the list of gross foods I´ve eaten. Pretty normal stuff this week, corn tortillas, beans, rice, chicken.

Today we went to the mall here in Metepec and we ate at a buffet with most of the zone, which was really good...it reminded me of American food haha. I´ll have a few pictures next week.  Unfortunately I don’t have my camera right now, but I didn’t take too many pictures this week anyway so you’re not missing out on too much. 

Oh, also, Bryce, I have to give you props for bringing your friend to church. Members doing things like that can make our lives as missionaries sooooo much easier. So now that you have broken the ice with him about the gospel, I have a challenge for you Bryce...set up an appointment for the missionaries so they can go start teaching his family. Trust me if you walk up to the missionaries and tell them you have a friend who is interested in the Gospel and has already been to church a couple of times they will pee themselves with excitement. Also Bryce, do you remember that little envelope you stuck in my bag with a little letter and wristband in it....well I opened it the other day and it was pretty solid man. Definitely helped me that day. You the man. 

Also Tyler, thanks for the letter, and sorry about Magic Mountain and how horribly unorganized they are. You have to remember, Tanner had an interview for a warehouse in Magic Mountain that apparently didn’t even exist haha.

Well, that was pretty much my week. 2 more weeks to go in this transfer. I am loving the work and loving spreading the gospel to the people here in Metepec. Thank you everyone for all of your love and all of your support.

I know this church is true...as members in the church we say that phrase a lot....when I say that it means that I know that this church is the same church with the same organization that Jesus Christ established when he came to the Earth. We are led by a prophet and by 12 apostles which is how God intends for His church to be run (Ephesians 3:19-20, Amos 3:7) I know that if we follow the teachings of our inspired leaders, we will return to live with our Heavenly Father again someday, because they are led directly be God himself.

I love being a missionary and I love and miss you all

And this is my Joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

[click on any of the highlighted names or phrases above for more information]

1 comment:

  1. He should definitely go with President Uchtdorf's hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete