Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

[Email dated 2.14.11]

Hola familia,

IMG_0133IMG_0134

IMG_0145

 

Another week has gone by here in Metepec. This week was a pretty good week. We got our soccer jerseys for the zone early in the week. So we were sporting the all white Spain jerseys today when we played against the Toluca zone missionaries. We won 8-5 and I played defender most of the game...not the greatest soccer player, but it was still fun.  I am also officially sore and sunburned from the game, buts it’s all good it was a lot of fun.

 

 

IMG_0146

IMG_0147

IMG_0137Also, you will be happy to know that I added another gross food to my list of eaten foods here in Mexico...I´ll give you one guess....I mentioned it in my last email....thats right cran....So now I can say I´ve eaten it. I don’t know how cool that is to say really but I can say it haha. It wasn´t terrible but it wasn´t good either. Elder Salazar talked me into doing it for sure...I really didn´t want to. He even bought my tacos for me...so think what you will...but it has been done haha.

This week we also had a fast as a zone on Thursday. We all fasted for our investigators for 24 hours so that we might be able to help them come unto Christ the best way that we can. We had good success as a zone as a reIMG_0144sult and I know that the Lord answered our prayers and blessed our investigators and blessed us as missionaries as well. We had 10 baptisms this week as a zone, and Elder Salazar and I were fortunate enough to help our investigator Katalina have a baptism and confirmation of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. I know with all my heart that when we put our faith in the Lord and make sacrifices and do what he asks of us, we can receive the blessings that he is waiting to give us. He blesses us with success and he can help us reach our goals if we put all of our trust in him and do the things that he asks of us. 

Hmm, lets see what else happened this week....not too much else. The weeks seem to all be blending together now. I can’t really remember all that happened this week to be honest haha. Maybe ask me some stuff you´d like to know.

IMG_0136

 

But I took a lot of pics so enjoy those. I hope you all have a great week and I hope to hear from you soon. 

 

 

Love you all and miss you. Happy Valentines Day!!

IMG_0131

I know this church is true and I love being a missionary.

And this is my joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment