Tuesday, June 26, 2012

5. Just Workin’

[Email dated 6.18.12]

Hello everyone,

Still no package...what the heck? I think it got lost...so you should just tell me what the SURPRISE was. haha. But it was good to hear from you all. HAPPY FATHERS DAY. Hope you had a good one dad...I love you and I´ll be seeing you in 38 days!! Sorry to hear that Sparky now has an escaping partner...looks like you´ll have to be super careful now when you open the doors. And go Thunder. Boo LeBron. ¿Y en serio Mamá, me podías entender en mi carta anterior? Bueno, vamos a ver si me puedes entender cuando Pat y yo HABLAMOS....porque el escuchar es muy diferente que el leer...jaja...pero les voy a enseñar a hablar español un poquito para que lo puedan hablar en Cancun .

IMG_0472

The week went really well. The area has tons of hills!! Reminds me of the good old days in Chamapa. Rainy season is also starting...lame. So, looks like my umbrella is going to get a good month more of use before going home. The area is cool though because part of it is populated with lots of cement and houses and hills but then the area extends out towards Toluca into the mountains with tons of little towns...so sometimes we get to go out to the mountains to eat (see pictures). I´m liking the area.

IMG_0479

IMG_0469

My companion and I are getting along well. He´s a hard worker and at times he works me walking up those hills. We have developed a good teaching pattern...and his Spanish isn´t half bad for having 5 months in the IMG_0470mission. This week we were blessed to help one person more enter into the covenant of baptism. Her name is Cynthia and she actually lived in Santa Ana California for like 20 years, I think, so she can speak English and everything. Her baptismal service was really cool because a good majority of the ward was there which always makes it more special...I like the ward here a lot...really supportive and organized--which is really good.

But anyways, it was a good week and I´ll be seeing you all very very soon...the time is going quickly.

Love you and miss you.

And this is my joy,

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment