Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Last Week of This Change Already!

Hey everyone,

So while I am anxiously waiting for Mom to resend me her email with the puppy pictures, I will start my email. Thanks for all the emails, love and support as usual. I always knew Rober would make it big haha [see Halloween costume—now with over 2.5 million hits on YouTube]. Also, as you can probably see from the pictures....I did in fact get the other package...and am enjoying the candy and shoes.  

IMG_0208

So this week was a good one. We were able to have another baptism. The lady´s name is Evangelina. She is older and lives by herself. She has been through a lot in her life. In 1985 there was an earthquake here, and her husband and her 9 month year old child were killed in the quake. She is without work now as well, IMG_0214and is really struggling just to get by. Last Saturday (9 days ago) she contacted us on the street and asked us when the services were in the church. We told her at 10 and planned to pass by for her at 930 the following morning. We had actually met her about 3 weeks before that, we helped her carry some boxes to her house, but she told us she didn’t have time to meet with us so we really didn’t think twice about her after that until she talked to us last Saturday. She went to church with us, and during the week we met with her everyday, teaching the lessons, and helping her progress towards baptism. She is a very intelligent person. She would always read the things we left with her...the pamphlets and chapters from the Book of Mormon. By the time she had her interview on Thursday and then more teaching on Friday and Saturday, she was super excited for her baptism. After her service, she bore her testimony and expressed her thankfulness towards us missionaries and how she really considered us a blessing in her life. It was amazing to see the testimony that she had gained in just a week and a day!!!

IMG_0212

This week, it started to rain again as well...really lame. I´m not a fan of the rain when I have to walk outside in it. I like it more when I can just sit inside on a couch with some blankets next to the fireplace. That´s my kind of rain. But, what can you do. So I have been getting more use out of my umbrella and rain jacket this past week. And yes, it is getting colder here. But only at night and in the morning, during the day the sun is still pretty strong. But, we can´t use sweaters without a suit coat, and I don´t really like wearing my suit around all day. President said that if we are cold then we should buy a coat...haha.

IMG_0217

(So I just got the email...Zoey is such a little thing!! She look so innocent haha....I´m glad that Sparky hasn´t eaten her yet, also hopefully you get to meet Elder Coulston and his WIFE, he is the man)

[Elder Coulston was his first companion in SLC, having since been released and now married.  He was planning to be in our town on Monday.  Alas, it didn’t work out but he called today and had very sweet words for Elder Peacock—music to a mom’s ears.  We still hope to meet him someday!]

Well not much more to report from this week, next Monday we have changes, who know´s what will happen. only 6 more changes left!! crazy.

IMG_0216IMG_0217

IMG_0223

IMG_0218

IMG_0221We played soccer verse Toluca today...hence the pictures. Elder Juker is the zone leader of Toluca now, so we got to see each other again. and Elder Jacobs [MTC companion] is in Toluca as well so we had a tiny little reunion.

Love you and miss you all

And this is my joy (alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment