Monday, October 3, 2011

I’m Back

Hello family and friends,

We had a great week. It was a really really good one.

Ok, so I´ll start off with what you all probably want to know. Where am I writing you from? Well it´s not Chamapa, I did in fact get changed. I´m back. I am in Lerma, Metepec. It is in the same zone/stake as my first area in Mexico, about 30 minutes east. I don´t know how I feel about it yet. I would like to get to know other areas and zones...but the Lord obviously has something prepared for me in Lerma. I will still be serving as a District Leader, and my companion is Elder Laguna. He is from Lima, Peru.  He seems pretty chill, so I think we´ll get along. He also told me that they have one person with a baptismal date for this weekend and another 2 or 3 that are possible, so there is work to be done here for sure. The house is pretty big. Two stories with a lot of space, but its just that--empty space, no couches or anything. Just a couple of desks and beds. It is filthy however, so I´ll send pics next week haha so Mom doesn´t freak out...haha. [Does that mean he’ll be cleaning it in the next week??! I’m impressed.]

IMG_0151Ok,  so backtracking a little bit, the last week we had in Chamapa was REALLY good. We had 4 baptisms, which means we finished with 8 in the change which is a really solid number. On Saturday we baptized Elena, who we met a week and a half ago. We knocked her door. Started teaching her, she went to church...said she felt something really special there and we had her baptism on Saturday after the am session. On Saturday, David and Rosa went and got married, and the following day, Sunday, they were baptized following the am session of conference. Rosenda was also baptized on Sunday in the same service. She is the Mom of Erika, Araceli, Veronica, Juan Antonio and Elias. So in the FIMG_0162abian Medrano family, 6 have now been baptized. I really do love that family. Last night, I went to say goodbye to them and it was a little difficult, I´ve seen each and every one of them grow in the gospel, and I have been with them every step of the way. But now I have to leave them and trust that they can keep pushing forward on their own.  It was hard. I think I might have gotten a taste for when I send my kids off to college or something like that...

Anyways, I am very excited to be in a new area and to keep working in the Lord´s work. It´s amazing to be an instrument in the Lord´s hands each and every day. As for conference, I too, enjoyed Elder Eyring´s talk the most [check it out HERE]. He was very emotional and it hit me hard just how important the Book of Mormon is in everything we do. He mentioned it over and over again in his talk. I only saw Saturday AM, and all of Sunday however, but I´m sure that Elder Holland was a boss as usual.

I love you all and miss you.

And this is my joy

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment