Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Conversation Between Brothers

[If Bryce catches me posting this, I could be in BIG trouble!  But, to me, it is the most endearing thing ever and I think it should be saved for posterity!]

Dear Justin,

I'm sorry I haven't written for awhile I've just been busy every weekend and every other day to an extent where writing you just seemed impossible. Finally this weekend (11/7) I was able to write because for once there was nothing to do otherwise.

Football wise everything is fine we just won our conference and are 2ND for the playoffs and expect to go far into the playoffs. And I think I have convinced mom and dad to let me take golf lessons after football season is over. so when you get back you, me, Tyler and Dad will all have to play some golf and I'll whoop all you with my awesome new and mad skills!

Guitar is going well too and I think I'm picking it up fast because the songs I have to play each week are a walk in the park and my teacher Aldo says I'm picking it up faster than most of his students. And tell me if you want me to record some things into the tape recorder so you can hear how it's coming I will but if you want to wait until you get back to hear the great improvement, that's cool too.

Other than that my days are school, homework, football, sleep and repeat but if there is anything, anything at all I can send or that you want to hear about all you have to do is ask.

Love,

Bryce your little buddy

***************************************************************************************

Hey little buddy,

Thanks a bunch for the email. Glad to know that you're thinking of me. I'm hearing good things about you in football dude. Keep up the good work and work hard and DON’T take plays off. Even if practice and stuff is hard and you are exhausted, trust me you will miss football when it's all said and done, so enjoy it while you can. Good luck in playoffs!! and kick some butt.

As far as guitar goes, I'm excited to hear it. But I think I'm going to wait. I'm expecting a full on concert when I get home. It will be sweet. Plus I don't think the tape recorder will do it justice. And you will probably whoop me at golf if you take lessons. So I'll have to take a class at BYU or something when I get back. Then we'll see who will kick butt.

How's school going? Any Girls I should know about?? Haha keep up the good work my little brother and work hard. Be the best at everything you do.

I want to leave you a little challenge. I want you, by yourself, to read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon every day, and say your prayers on your knees when you wake up and when you go to bed. I want you to email me next week and tell me about it OK?? I promise you that you will see a difference in your life and that you will have the spirit more fully in everything you do. Trust me on this one little buddy.

Have a great week, and Booo Colts =] Haha
Your Bro Elder Peacock

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Brothers have a great bond and it's tough when one of them leaves home. And I'm sure Bryce will forgive you. :)

    ReplyDelete