Wednesday, July 18, 2012

1. The End Has Come

Dear family and friends,

I sit here in Mexico, for what I believe will be the last time writing you in my mission. Thank you for your emails and love and support that you have all given me. Dad, I feel like you have been more diligent than the apostle Paul in writing letters, so thank you (even if mom says that they are too long haha). I thank you for all the packages and constant updates of back home. It helped me out a lot for sure. Glad to hear that everything is set for me getting released and I am excited to see you all in the airport as well. And Dad, if you think this is a surreal experience for you, I don´t even know how to describe how I am feeling. It is weird.

IMG_0572IMG_0575

Wow, ok so it is my last week. This last week was a little challenging. Didn´t have as much success as we would have liked, but I´m gonna work it until the end. I only have one more week and I am not going to stop now. I want to do as much as I can to help the work move forth in Mexico.  I feel like I have truly been converted to the mission over these last 2 years. I love the mission and the Lord too much to stop right before the end. I mean, sure, at times it will be hard to focus, but I will be giving it my all.

IMG_0658Next Monday, I will have my exit interview with President and then we will have all day to go to downtown and do whatever we want...So that´s why I probably will not write....it will be my last day to do stuff in the city. Tuesday we go the pyramids of Teotihuacan and will have a guide talking about the Book of Mormon.

 

Wednesday in the morning we all [all the missionaries going home that week] go to the temple with President Villarreal and his wife to do a session [click HERE to learn more about temples.  They are different than regular church buildings where we go weekly to worship together] and at night we eat the last supper with Villarreal family.  Thursday I´m back home.....it will be a fun week!!

In my study and during the week, I really have been pondering the Parable of the Talents a lot. I think it applies a lot to the mission. In the parable the Lord gives to 3 servants 5, 2 and 1 talents respectively. Each of them is expected to use their talents to the best of their ability. The first 2 servants worked diligently and used their talents to the best of their abilities, and each of them proudly reported when the Lord returned that they had doubled their talents to 10 and 4 respectively. The third servant shamefully made excuses and explained that he had not used his only talent, to which the Lord punished Him and took away the only talent that he had. Notice that the 1st and 2nd servants DID NOT have the same amount of success. One gained 5 talents more and the other only 2...however, the Lord commended them both with the SAME statement ....Well done, thou good and faithful servant, thou hast been faithful over a few things; and I will make thee ruler over many things, enter into the Joy of thy Lord. The Lord expects that we make the best out of the opportunities and talents that he has given us. He recognizes that some will have more opportunities for others, but we can be sure that if we do our best with what the Lord has given us...we will be rewarded for our efforts. It is my prayer that each of us can make the most out of the talents and opportunities that the Lord has given us. I am so grateful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me to serve a mission and I hope that the Lord will respond to me with that same statement when it is all said and done....WELL DONE THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.

IMG_0577

And this is my Joy....it has been and it will always be

Love you and miss you all...see ya soon!!!!

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment