Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pizza, Remember the Titans, and Baptisms

[Email dated September 19, 2011]

Hey,

So I know we just talked like 3 days ago...but it was a REALLY good couple of days. Probably about the exact opposite of the BYU football game.  As you can tell from the headline...pizza, remember the titans , and baptisms...does that sound like a good weekend or what? haha.

As for the cooking, [I had asked him if he cooks and is he learning to cook his favorite Mexican dishes?] yeah I cook all the time. Cereal, peanut butter sandwiches, grilled cheese, quesadillas, and occasionally some scrambled eggs. I´m thinking about trying out for that Hell´s Kitchen show when I get back . Hahaha Maybe I should learn how to cook Mexican Food in the last 10 months of my mission.  Changes are 2 weeks from today...on the 3rd of October. 

As for the last 3 days. It was great. After I wrote you on Thursday, we met in the chapel, ate some Costco pizzas and then we watched Remember the Titans as a zone. We had a projector, speakers and everything. It was so great. Afterwards, we had some fun taking some pictures (see post below)... and then we were in our houses by 9. Throughout the night you could hear fireworks being set off constantly, accompanied by drunk people yelling and singing. And apparently a lot of people shoot their guns in the air, but I think that I fell asleep before that started to happen. 

Friday, we had P-day. We played some soccer (I´m getting better), and did some shopping at Wal Mart. Pretty normal P-day, nothing too eventful happened. 

Saturday, we had the baptismal service of Rafael. He is a super nice guy that went to church on his own and we started teaching him this past week. He even gave us some old school soccer jerseys which is pretty sweet. He said something during the week that really touched me. He was talking about when Jesus said to his apostles that by this they shall know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another (John 13:34-35)...and then he told us that he knew that what we said was true because he could feel that love that we have for him....that was something that was really special to me and I hope that I can continue to develop love for the people that I teach so that they can all feel that way.

IMG_0144IMG_0147

On Sunday, we had the baptismal service of Juan Antonio, who is the brother of Araceli (baptized July 3), Erika (baptized July 10), Veronica (baptized July 23), and Elias (August 21). Haha one by one, we keep working with the family and they are really a special family and I hope that we can help the rest of the family receive the gospel in their lives...there are only like 3 more I think. 

And today, we went to downtown for a little. Didn´t find anything too exciting. Bought a couple 10 peso ties...one of them being a crazy ugly hair tie. It even feels ugly. Maybe I´ll get a picture with it this week...I think its uglier than the one that I sent Jordan...but oh well. 

Anyways...that was the great couple of days I had down here in Mexico. Love you all so much and pray for you each and every day. I know that Christ lives and that He is my Savior and Redeemer, and I feel blessed to share that message with the Mexican people. I hope you all have a great week and I hope to hear from you soon.

And this is my joy (alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock 

No comments:

Post a Comment