Thursday, April 14, 2011

One More Week in Metepec?

[Email dated 4/11/11]

Hello family and friends,

Another week has gone by here in Metepec.... It sounds like you had an AMAZING week in Mexico. That’s really sweet about the Mayan ruins and how your tour guide was Mormon. I have actually seen the tree of life carving here since I’ve been on the mission. It is actually pretty popular here among the missionaries to have carved on scripture cases...and it is pretty sweet. I´m sorry you couldn’t find any street tacos...I figured it would be harder to find in more tourist areas of Mexico. But that’s pretty cool that you got to try some tongue tacos...I haven’t tried them yet...nobody sells them here in Metepec. It sounds like it would have been pretty funny to see you guys try to order stuff to people in Mexico. Don’t worry, next time you go I’ll be there to translate for you =).

Also, I did get the packages this week... [cue:  Angels singing!] with both of the shoes and letters and stamps and Jimmer! haha. Thanks for everything =). It seems as if you have figured out the package sending.  Also this week I got my scripture cases that I ordered about 2 and a half months ago from a guy who custom makes them....they are pretty sweet...Ill have to send you pics next week...I don’t have my camera right now.

This week went a little bit long. It seemed as if almost all week NOBODY was home. It was a struggle. A lot of knocking doors, walking and not a lot of teaching. But we´ll keep working hard, knowing that if we work hard with diligence and patience, the Lord will provide for us. We just have to do our part and work as hard as we can. This is the last week of the change...so hopefully well be able to close it out with a baptism, and put an end to what really has been a fast transfer....they’re going faster now. I have grown and learned a lot in the last 5 weeks. I feel like I have grown closer to the Lord and have learned to depend on Him more in every aspect of this work. I´m excited to find out what He has in store for me in the next change. I´m not gonna lie, I would like to go to an area in DF, but I will serve with all my heart wherever I am called to serve. 

On a fun note....I have put together a little package for you guys, and as soon as I´m done here emailing, I´m going to head over to the post office and send it off. Hopefully you get it. It has some stuff I think that you’ll like in it....but you’ll just have to wait and see. It’ll be better as a surprise. Hopefully you get it before Mothers Day so we can talk about it on the phone...(Can you believe that´s less that a month away??)  

Lets see...what else....how the Lakers doing? Playoffs start soon right? You’re gonna have to give me updates on that every week once they start....

It actually rained here a couple of days last week.  And as for the earthquake...no I did not feel it or hear anything about it here. And Tyler, I probably will be a soccer fan when I get home...I liked it before (Fifa 2010 and the World Cup) but I’ll probably like it even more. Soccer is BIG here and we play it pretty much every Pday with the zone. I wont be CRAZY about it like I am with the Lakers...but I will like it for sure. You’ll have to buy me the new Fifa when I get home so I can dominate you at it. =). 

I know that this is the Lord´s work and I know that there is nowhere else I would rather be right now in my life than right here in Mexico bringing people closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

I cant wait to see pictures from Cancun...Have a great week family!!!

Love you and miss you

And this is my joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment