Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mmmmm….Tacos!

Hello everyone,

IMG_0093

It has been a pretty wild week here in Metepec. On Tuesday, there was an emergency transfer. Elder Juker got shipped out, and Elder Salazar came in. Elder Berezay got switched back to being companions with Elder Molina and Elder Salazar is my new companion. He´s been out for about a year and he is from Sonora Mexico. President Villarreal informed me that we would be co-mayores, or in other words were both senior companions, no junior companion. So, now us two are working in the same area as the zone leaders. The zone leaders took all the investigators we had on Tuesday, so Elder Salazar and I basically had to start from scratch. And,wow, we have seen so much success this week. We are really working well together.

IMG_0098

We have found about 15 new investigators and we got 3 of them to church on Sunday. And we thought that between the 4 of us we weren´t going to have a baptism this week. But, on Sunday we found a guy named Jose who has been to church more than 10 times and so we taught him, and invited him to baptism, the zone leaders interviewed him after and we had his baptism at 4 in the afternoon. We also baptized 2 others who Elder Salazar and I found on Wednesday. We taught them pretty much every day and they came to church, and we were planning to baptize them the following week, but they were going out of town for along time, and then moving to Chicago afterwards, so we got special permission to baptize them on Sunday as well, even though they’ve only been to church one time. IMG_0094

So as you can see, the work is going great here. The Lord is preparing people and putting them in our path so we can help them receive all the blessings that are waiting for them. We are helping them do that through baptism. In 2 Nephi 31:17 we learn that repentance and baptism by water is the door that we need to enter. and then in verse 20 we learn that if we endure to the end we WILL have eternal life:

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a asteadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of bhope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and dendure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eeternal life.

That is a promised blessing that our Heavenly Father has given us, but we cannot receive it unless we are baptized by water and by the spirit (John 3:5) I feel so privileged that I get to help out the Lord in this marvelous work, and do as much as I can to help His children return and live with Him again.

cow-headHmm...lets see, I did something else cool this week. Despite all the counsel not to do so, I ate some tacos from a taco stand on the way home one night. Elder Salazar loves Tacos de Cabeza, or in English, cow head. They have various kinds as well. Mouth, tongue, eye, cheek. I ate a cheek taco and an eye taco, they didn’t have any mouth or tongue at this particular stand, otherwise I would have tried those too.  Elder Salazar says tongue tacos are his favorite, and plus I´m in Mexico haha I have to try them. Believe it or not, they were actually REALLY good. I liked them a lot, and I look forward to try more interesting food in the future. It was great. 

Well, that´s about all I have for you now. I´m loving it here. My Spanish is progressing, and we are having success in the Lord´s work. 

I love you all and I´m thankful for all of your love and support and I love doing the Lord´s work.

And this is my joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment