Monday, January 24, 2011

6 Months!

Hello everyone,

IMG_0105It´s been a pretty eventful week here in Mexico. Today we have transfers, and today is the first day of the new transfer. Elder Salazar and I are staying together for another transfer. Elder Molina is also staying in Metepec, but Elder Berezay is leaving. He got called to be the new assistant to the President. So we got a new Zone leader to go along with Elder Molina. His name is Elder Decker.  I´m still here in Metepec (if you still cant find it on a map, its next to Toluca in the estado de Mexico if that helps) living in the same house with the zone leaders. Although, sometime this week or early next week Elder Salazar and I will be moving to another apartment. We will still be in the same area, but its just so 4 Elders don’t have to live in the same small apartment.

IMG_0101

Let´s see, this week was kind of a little different. On Wednesday night I left with Elder Berezay and Elder Juker to go to DF to finalize the papers for my visa so I dont get deported. We took various buses and even the subway to get to the mission office to spend the night. The office is in a really nice area (its the mailing address). Very rich and has palm trees everywhere. Reminds me of California a little bit.  We spent the night there, and then in the morning, about 9 Elders that just arrived recently like me and the secretary of the office went to the immigration office so we could sign some papers, take some fingerprints and get a little ID card. From the time we entered the immigration office to the time we left was about 3 hours. It reminded me of the DMV in regards to how slow everything seemed to get processed. After we finally were finished there, we went back to the office. The plan was that Elder Juker and I would just go back with Elder Berezay, but apparently Elder Berezay had to stay there to do something for his visa the next day, so Elder Juker and I got to go back on our own. Keep in mind that we both don’t know Mexico that well, let alone how to get back to our areas from the office. But it all worked out. We wrote down what buses and subways we needed to take and we got home just fine. It was great. We even took a really nice bus from DF back to Metepec that had big chairs that reclined all the way and came with complimentary cookies and soda. It was like business class in an airplane. So we got back to our areas Thursday around 5.

IMG_0107

Friday was my 6 month mark in the mission. Sooo, as tradition calls for, I burned a tie that night (6 months burn a tie, 1 year a shirt, 18 months pants, and 2 years a suit). It was great haha. It turned into a big hard piece of charcoal (as seen in the picture below of Elder Berezay). Don’t worry Mom, we did it safely....mostly.

IMG_0109

The rest of the week was the same as usual. Contacting, teaching, and inviting people to come unto our Savior Jesus Christ. We are working hard and I am excited for this upcoming transfer because I feel like Elder Salazar and I have the opportunity to have a lot of success this transfer. We work hard to accomplish our numbers of excellence every week that President Villarreal has set. 30 lessons, 10 new investigators, 6 investigators at church, 140 contacts and 1 baptism and confirmation. They are hard to reach for sure, but they give us something to work towards and help us work hard.

I want you all to know that I have a strong testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He is our Redeemer and the only perfect person the world has ever seen. He suffered more than we can even imagine to give us all the chance to return to live with our Heavenly Father again someday. He gave us the opportunity to have Eternal life. If we follow his example and teachings we will find the happiness that all of us our looking for not only in this life, but forever. I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ is the only way we can find true happiness and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share His message with others.

I love you and miss you all--Have a great week!

IMG_0106

And this is my joy (Alma 29:9)

Elder Peacock

P.S. I get dearelders every week here, the same as regular mail because it all goes to the office and the zone leaders pick it up once a week. And they chop up the eyes in the tacos  dad, so it doesn’t squirt when you bite it haha....fortunately.

IMG_0104

No comments:

Post a Comment