Monday, April 9, 2012

Semana Santa

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the emails. The time is going so fast!! Patrick goes home in a month! I can´t believe it. Haven´t really thought about Mother´s Day too much because to be honest I didn´t even realize it was soo close. I imagine I will be in a different area (probably my last area) at that time so I can´t give you any specifics yet. The changes are on the 30th. But I will keep you updated.

Sorry, I didn’t really take any pictures this last week, but in the next email I will try to include some.

This week went pretty well. We worked really hard, but it was a little more difficult this week than normal because of the Semana Santa (Holy Week). But yeah, I don´t know if you remember from last year but it´s pretty crazy. They reenact the death and resurrection of Jesus, like literally. People train and volunteer themselves to be Jesus, and they actually have him carry a cross and they hang him up on the cross and everything. I´ve heard that in some places in Mexico they even actually nail them to the cross.  They do it as a demonstration of their faith, though it seems sacrilegious to me.  And apart from that, almost EVERYONE goes out of town. They go visit all of their family members and stuff like that, so it was a week with some struggles. However, Elder Jensen and I worked hard and we were able to get 6 people to church for their first time, and we should have a lot of people to work with this coming week. Two of them need to get married, and we invited them last night but they were going to talk about it so we´ll see what happens.

The weeks are going faster and faster now. It´s crazy. 15 left. I´ve got to start running because the finish line is in sight.

I know that I love being a missionary and I love being in the service of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Love you and miss you all.

And this is my joy,
Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment