Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year!

[Email dated 1/2/12]

Hey everyone,

It was a fun week here in Metepec. My new companion and I get along really well. We like a lot of the same things and we think that the same type of things are funny. So it will be a fun week.

IMG_0086

So it was new years this past week and people here just get drunk and set off fireworks all night. And when I say all night I mean all night. On the 31st we went and ate dinner with a family from the ward before heading in early for the night. It was really good food and the family is really nice. Elder Green and I had a fun time. All night we heard fireworks going off outside and we woke up to more fireworks going off. The streets were covered in the morning with used fireworks. We went by at about 10 in the morning to pick up investigators to go to church and there were people STILL outside drinking...needless to say they had no clue what was going on....it was pretty funny to see hahha.

At church on New Years we had a baptism which is always special. Her name was Anny. She has been in teaching for a while but finally went to church on Christmas Day. During the week she told us she was really nervous for her baptism and wasn´t sure if she felt ready. We assured her that she was, and left her every day with a part of the Book of Mormon to read. As she read every night she gained more and more strength...and on Saturday she told us that she felt completely ready and wasn’t nervous anymore...it was pretty amazing to see that change in her during the week that she received through the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon strengthens us always and gives us that strength to follow Christ, I have seen it over and over again in my life and in my mission and I saw it again with Anny. really cool experience.

IMG_0088

Today was a fun day....if you remember last new years when I was first in Mexico we got to watch some movies that the President approved. It was the same this year! We watched Megamind and Kung Fu Panda 2. Elder Green and I borrowed a projector and surround sound speakers from some members and we had a little movie theater set up in the church. It was pretty fun and the whole zone seemed to enjoy it too. Loved both the movies.

Well, I love you all and miss you. The time is going fast and it´s weird to think that I am going home this year. I know this is the work of God.

And this is my Joy

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment