Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Mission 2-Fer

So....I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I will get to call home very soon!! And that's because of the Bad news. I still don't know what the plan is for my departure...and if they let me know in the next couple days and I leave before the next P-day, I will get to call home to let you guys know what is going on.

There are a couple of things I can tell you however, about this whole situation. First off, I am getting reassigned. We talked to the travel offices on Monday and nobody going to MCW has their Permisos yet...which is the first/longest part of the visa. And, travel offices said that we would be getting reassigned and they had put the request in already so we should know soon. On the other hand, the 4 Elders in our district going to MCE do have their permisos. So they will not get reassigned, and will leave as soon as they go down to the consulate in Salt Lake and sign a paper...which could be tomorrow or in 3 weeks we just don't know.

mexico_city

So, I am hoping to know very soon where I am getting reassigned to and am still hoping to leave next week. I have no clue where I might go. Missionaries in the zone that just left got reassigned to Texas, Minnesota, and Cleveland, and the Elders that got reassigned before that went to Colorado Springs, Las Vegas and Sacramento. I can't wait to find out, its like getting a mission call all over again. And I am not upset or anything like that so there's absolutely no reason to try to cheer me up. This isn't a bad thing. I get to serve a mission in 2 locations!!, experience people from two different cultures, work on my Spanish in a little easier setting before I am just absolutely immersed in it, and most of all the Lord has a purpose for doing this. There's a reason I'm getting reassigned and I'm excited to find out what it is.

Now that I got that out of the way, I can talk about the week. Thank you everyone for the letters, especially Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Joyce who sent me a package full of food and what not. On Monday at the latest, I will be sending a package home which will have printed out pictures, memory card with all the new pictures, tape recording for you, letters and some other stuff. So you won't get your letters as soon as usual, but they will all be in the package when they get home.

Our TRC this week went well. We taught the Plan of Salvation again, this time to a recent convert. So, it was more of a review. We also taught the law of tithing and worked on sharing personal experiences. It went well. I used little pictures that I made to represent the Plan of Salvation, with little circles representing each step of the Plan. It makes it a lot easier to visualize I think. And they are all laminated and everything so they should be able to last me my whole mission as long as I don't lose them or anything.

As far as the progressive investigator goes, we taught Julio last Saturday and invited him to church and he said he would come. So we got him to come to church which is good and we should be meeting with him soon again...we were going to meet with him yesterday but a doctor appointment came up at the last second for Elder Jacobs so we had to cancel.

So, in case this is my last email at the MTC, I just want to bear my testimony about the MTC. It's great. It really is. The spirit is so strong everywhere you go. In 2 short months I have noticed a change in myself. I know so much more about the gospel, and my testimony has skyrocketed since I have been here. If I were to compare it to something I would have to say it's like EFY on steroids, without the silly little games and distractions, for 2 months instead of just a week. Those of you that have been to EFY know that there is a great Spirit there, but in all honesty it is nothing compared to the spirit at the MTC. Being surrounded by thousands of representatives of Jesus Christ everyday is unreal. the devotionals, testimony meetings, hymns, everything is so powerful and awesome. It's sad to leave my district who I have grown to Love, but at the same time I am so excited for the field. I can't wait to bring people unto Christ and change their lives.

michelangelo1bb

I'm running out of time.

Estoy muy animado por el campo y estoy agradecido por la C.C.M. (MTC) y el espíritu está aqui cada día.

Yo sé que obra misional es la obra de Dios y estes años serán el más importante experiencia en mi vida.

Les amo muchísimo

Elder Peacock

(9/16/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment